What are the Benefits of Hiring a Doula?
Clinical research findings indicate that a doula's presence during labour can result in...
- shorter labours
- a reduction in the need for pitocin
- a reduction in the mother's request for analgesics (pain medication), including epidurals
- less complications and a reduction in the need for forceps or vacuum extraction and c-sections
- greater overall satisfaction with the birth experience
If they've had the support of a doula, clients will often...
- be more self-confident
- have greater success with breastfeeding
- experience a decrease in postpartum blues
- have increased success in adjusting to new roles within the family
Who Needs a Doula?
Birth Presence Doula Care affirms that everyone can benefit from the care of a doula. A good doula is patient and will take the time to discuss your individual needs and wishes concerning childbirth. She will work with you to achieve a satisfying birth experience, as you define it, and can facilitate superior adjustment during the postpartum period for you and your family.